Retirement can seem very far away when you’re young. There are so many other things to do with your money – going overseas, getting a house, raising a family, or just having fun.
However, according to research by the Investment and Financial Services Association (IFSA) , the Age Pension won’t be enough to fund the lifestyle we’d like when we’re no longer working. So the best thing to do is to start saving now.
Some questions you may wish to consider are:
- Is retirement too far off to start worrying about now?
- How do I work out how much I need to retire on?
- What should my employer be contributing towards my superannuation?
- Is the Super Guarantee contribution enough to fund my retirement?
- What is salary sacrifice?
- Which fund should I put my superannuation in?
- My super is sitting in a few different funds. Is it worth moving it?
- Review your financial situation looking at income, expenses, debt, assets and goals
- Help you set achievable short and long term financial goals.
- Calculate how much money you will need in retirement based on the lifestyle you want to have.
- Work with you to develop a new budget and investment plan to achieve your short-term and long term goals.
- Review and recommend appropriate insurance to protect the wealth you are creating.
- Make Recommendations with regard to wills, Powers of Attorney etc.