According to research from the Reserve Bank in its 2004 annual report, Australia enjoys one of the greatest home ownership rates in the world. But in a time of high house prices how do you make this great Aussie dream a reality?
Common questions to consider
- Am I better off renting than buying?
- How much deposit do I need?
- How much can I borrow?
- What additional costs will I be up for when I buy a place of my own?
- I’ve heard that there are concessions for first homebuyers?
- I still don’t have enough. How do I get my deposit together?
- What should I do with my money while I try to accumulate a bigger deposit?
- What types of loans are available?
- What should I look for in a loan?
- How do I find the right mortgage for me?
- Work out how much you can borrow based on your current financial commitments.
- Refer you to one of our panel of experienced lenders who will work at no cost to you!
- Calculate the deposit you are likely to need.
- Identify options to save for a deposit in the timeframe you set.
- Set a budget to cover your mortgage commitments when you have purchased your property.
- Review, recommend and organise appropriate insurances.
- Recommend if you need to create or review your Will.