If you’re planning on starting your own business, you will already know that a business plan is essential and you’ve probably heard the expression “businesses don’t plan to fail, they fail to plan”. But what else is going to be an important consideration to become successful as your own boss?
Common questions to consider
- What do I need to think about when starting a new business?
- What is a small business financial plan?
- Where should I go to seek advice?
- Should I insure my business?
- What are my obligations if I take on employees?
- What about super for myself?
- How do I make sure my business will continue without me?
- What tax concessions apply if I choose to exit my business?
- Explain the importance of proper setting up of your business and protecting it with the correction insurances.
- Arrange the specialised insurances you need to protect your business and your employees.
- Advise on the superannuation requirements for you and your employees.
- Recommend superannuation funds or managing a DIY superannuation fund.
- Explain about SMSFs if interested in this option.
- Explain your super obligations for staff.
- Advise about investing your business profits.
- Advise on succession planning for your business.