If you’ve already reached retirement age, you may feel you’re not yet ready to give up work altogether. What are your options for transitioning into retirement.
If you’re eligible for the Age Pension, the government offers incentives for working people to defer claiming it.
If you’re a self-funded retiree, how do you maximise any government entitlements.
Some questions you may wish to consider include:
- I’ve already retired. Isn’t it just about living off what I’ve managed to save now?
- I have been retired for two years. Isn’t it too late to change my financial arrangements?
- What is the Pension Bonus Scheme?
- What are the eligibility requirements for the Pension Bonus Scheme?
- How much is the Pension Bonus Scheme and when is it paid?
- Apart from social security benefits, are we eligible for anything else now we’ve retired?
- Now we’ve retired should we move house?
- Monitor your investments and retirement income.
- Provide regular updates about social security changes that might affect you.